|Map of the Island of Khokarsa circa 10,000 B.C. by Charles Berlin|
|Cover art by Bob Eggleton|
- Hadon of Ancient Opar by Philip José Farmer
- Flight to Opar by Philip Jose Farmer
- The Song of Kwasin by Philip José Farmer and Christopher Paul Carey
Click here to read an interview with Christopher Paul Carey about The Song of Kwasin and the Khokarsa omnibus.
From the publisher:
Gods of Opar: Tales of Lost Khokarsa collects for the first time anywhere Philip José Farmer’s epic Khokarsa cycle, including the never-before-published conclusion to the trilogy, The Song of Kwasin. In Hadon of Ancient Opar, the young hero Hadon journeys from his outpost city to the heart of the ancient African empire of Khokarsa, battling in the Great Games for the chance to win the king’s crown. But just as Hadon stands upon the precipice of victory, the tyrannical King Minruth usurps the throne and overturns the beneficent, centuries-old rule of the priestesses of Kho. Now Hadon must set out upon a hero’s journey unlike any other—to hunt down a living god and return with his bounty. The saga continues in Flight to Opar, as a decree by the oracle hurtles Hadon upon a perilous quest that will determine the fate of the next twelve millennia. In The Song of Kwasin, Hadon’s herculean cousin returns to Khokarsa after long years of exile in the Wild Lands. But soon Kwasin finds that in order to clear his name he will have to take up the cause against King Minruth himself and stop him before he fulfills his mad quest for immortality high atop the sun god’s bloody ziggurat.
Gods of Opar: Tales of Lost Khokarsa is now available from Subterranean Press, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or your local independent bookstore.
Short fiction set in Khokarsa:
- Exiles of Kho by Christopher Paul Carey, a novella available in a signed limited edition from Meteor House
- "Kwasin and the Bear God" by Philip José Farmer and Christopher Paul Carey, a novella available in The Worlds of Philip José Farmer 2: Of Dust and Soul
- "A Kick in the Side" by Christopher Paul Carey, a short story available in The Worlds of Philip José Farmer 1: Protean Dimensions
Related prequel novel that sets the stage for the Khokarsa series:
- Time's Last Gift by Philip José Farmer (now available from Titan Books)